Aug 8, 2007

Bonds hits a home run

After talking with a good friend of mine, I asked him his take on the whole Bonds thing. Since my opinion seems to be fairly well expressed on the posts below. Oh, feel free, scroll down a bit. I'll wait.

His take on it is that Bonds did nothing wrong, since in fact, there are no rules saying what he allegedly did was against any rules.

I'm sitting on that, and letting it fester in my brain. I'm trying to figure out how the even playing field conversation starts. The Kansas City Shuffle plays into it somehow. The basic dignity of the game, and how that's been tarnished is rumbling around. I'm also thinking that his BALCO testimony perjury has gotten people more upset than Bill Clinton's perjury.

Anyhow, Barry is on the leader board. A-Rod will hopefully eclipse him in three or four years, and this will all be forgoten.
Stay healthy A-Rod.

No comments: