Jul 17, 2007

Johnny Bench 'differs' in opinion.


Johnny Bench compares Barry Bonds' steroid use to Tiger Woods' lasik eye surgery.

From the link above, "Johnny Bench and Gary Carter said Bonds’ chase for 755 is good for baseball, but they part ways when it comes to the role steroids may have played in his success."

So performance, no matter what the means to get there, don't matter? If I'm Johnny Bench - which I'm not - I'd be concerned about what Bonds means to my numbers, integrety of the game, and the long term effects on said game. I'd at least say, "you know, I'm not interested in commenting on this story MSNBC, thanks for thinking of me."

The best part about Bonds not playing yesterday against the Cubs - not having to hear ESPN HD blabber on and on about him all galderned game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I know this will probably piss someone off, but just listen.

They're some "athletes" out there you just don't listen to on anything. Joe Theismann is one, Sheffield is another, and honestly Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench are also on the list.

Anytime they say anything, it's always like when you have a 37 year old retarded family member who pesters you with his drawing of a pretty cat, except it's nothing more than a mixture of scribbles and drool. He pesters you and pesters you, swearing how important it is, but you have a lot of work to do and you can't really focus in on it. Until it gets to the point where you send them off to another room.

I'm glad ESPN sent Theismann to his room, now when can the baseball powers that be do the same with Bench and Morgan.

/Sorry, but Sheffield is still considered the funny retard you invite to parties and watch him eat his own poop for Laffy Taffy.