Jun 29, 2007

Die in a fire: The Fairness Doctrine


Taken from some other source: "The House voted overwhelmingly Thursday to prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from using taxpayer dollars to impose the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters who feature conservative radio hosts such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

By a vote of 309-115, lawmakers amended the Financial Services and General Government appropriations bill to bar the FCC from requiring broadcasters to balance conservative content with liberal programming such as Air America."

Wheeew. Say what you will about all the Conservative AM Radio programs and all those Liberal - er, ah, well - they've still got NPR, right? - anyhow...
This was one of those they're idiots, but they're not THAT stupid are they?

The fact this matter was taken as far as it was scares me more than wiretaping my phone and spying on me 24/7.

In fact, earlier today, they found a two car bombs on my route home. So I'm rather glad that I'm not blown up, and I have the chance to talk about it without some damn counter-point waving fingers in my face about it's somehow MY fault someone wanted to burn me up with nails and whatnot on Haymarket by way of an Iraqi style cruise missile. I'll take a little NSA over being dead, thank you.

Now back to music, baseball, and funny pictures.

When I read that Craig Biggio hit 3000 - I thought it meant he had BEEN hit 3000 times.

Maybe he can get a new helmet. One that fits now.

No comments: