Jan 19, 2007

Championship weekend

Let us get some things out of the way before I let you know the winners of this weekends NFL Championship games. I live in Chicago. I am a homer. I do, however, more than not predict against my home team. Usually it is because they suck. Right now we have two great teams in this city, the Bears and the Bulls. I think the Bulls will lose in the finals and I think the Bears will win the Superbowl.

Saints at Bears (-2):

"America's Team" my ass. I don't see how the government being inefficient can possibly decide the outcome of the game. I think this game will be a very high scoring game even if the weather is as crappy as they say it will be. I think home field will help quite a bit. I think that the weak secondary and blitz first defense of the Saints will cost them the game. Grossman has the ability to be a fantastic quarterback when the moons line up right and the tide stays low. I am going with the Bears 34-24.

Patriots at Colts (-3):

I will say it again. Payton will choke. This time I do not think that his defense will be able to bail him out like they did last week. The Patsies are a great team that takes advantage of others mistakes flawlessly. Patriots will win 17-12.

Alright, let's play some football!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Bears and Patsies in remach of The Greatest Game Ever Played (Super Bowl XX). I can still remember where I was 21 years ago. That day will live forever. When the Lovie led Bears whip up on the Hoodie (Belicheck) we can then proceed to call the Bears America's team.

-X.G.S.