Apr 28, 2006

Living with war

Like Neil Young? Freedom / Ragged Glory era Neil? Hate Bush? The warmonger / destroy the environment era George? Like free music? New music for free before it comes out. Like asking questions? I like to follow them up with a sentence.

Neil has finished recording a new album called Living with War. Apparently, Neil is pissed at the way the country has been run for the past 6 years or so. He tried to say something on Greendale but it was too subtle for most Americans. (BTW, a great album. If you haven't heard it do so immediately) Going back to some hippie-ness that remains in this great man he decided to just say it. Grunge-style.

Below is a CNN interview that is just great. The anchor is doing ye olde "Why do hate America" routine (and it isn't even Fox) and Neil puts a verbal bitch slap on. Here check it out yourself:



Hopefully you have by this time in the post had an opportunity to watch the interview. Notice he said he would be using the internet to get the album out? You can hear the whole album for free right here. It is one of his best albums in a decade. I have listened to it many times already and I will still buy it when it comes out. I doubt I will download it because I love the packaging that comes with CD's. At least for the really good albums. Anyway give it a spin click and tell me what you think. I care what you think.

Sidenote: it seems Neil has gotten pretty web savvy. He even has a myspace account and 7952 friends. Somehow, that strikes me as amusing. I would like to be his friend. I would not like a myspace account.

Sidenote II: I know you have probably just seen the clip but how awesome is this exchange:

Sophia Vargas: . . . you have one song called Let's Impeach the President. What is this song about? [ed note: they let her write her own questions apparently]

Neil Young: Well (chuckles) the song pretty much follows the title just with a bunch of reasons. Y'know. It's a long song.

No comments: