Jan 25, 2006

Podcasts

I have recently been introduced to this phenom that is called Podcasting. It is very similar to just a simple download or streaming audio except that it is updated through an RSS feed "automatically." The name stems from people downloading these things onto their iPods. Anyone that has Sirius can listen to Adam Curry's show on ch.103 to hear various and random podcasts. The main thing about these (and I admit I have not done it myself) is that you can subscribe through various services and have content automatically updated for you. They are a lot like college radio to me. Not very professional, much more creative than regular radio, and if you find a good one . . .

Anyway, I was hunting around for these things and found some interesting ones. Check them out. Leave addresses to your favorites in the comments so I can check them out.

The Beatles Chronicles: Long. Very long. Very informative. Even if you are a Beatles "expert."

Head up your ass headlines: A lot like News of the Weird.

Cubs Cast: Chicago Cubs. Very funny. Check out the picture of Rodney "Woo woo" on the front page.

I have more that I may add to the comments myself but have not listened to them all the way through.

No comments: